zoeyork

Zoe's Books

I could read before I could write. I read now, when I can't write, or when I'm stuck in a writing rut. I read early in the morning, and late at night. I read to feel, and escape from feelings, and explore feelings I've never had but I'm curious about. I read for adventure and romance and passion and the journey. I read to my kids. I try to read to my husband, but he's busy reading himself. And he laughs at all the naughty parts...I don't get it, they're my favourite passages!

The Reluctant Amazon
Sweetened With a Kiss
Lexxi Callahan
Over the Edge
Susan Lohrer
Return to You (A Laurel Heights Novel)
Kate Perry
Axel (Corps Security, #1)
Harper Sloan
A Crazy Homecoming (Crazy, Texas) (Volume 1)
Cate Baylor
The Winning Season - Alison Packard I liked everything about this book. Packard took a plain jane/celebrity story and made it three dimensional and interesting. Kelly and Matt are fully fleshed out characters, and watching them move from foes to friends and then more is truly delightful. They're not perfect (thank goodness): Matt handles the final conflict quite poorly; Kelly stumbles with a friend and a co-worker.

I'd read a previous review that said that the fraternization wasn't dealt with in the story (as Matt's a MLB player and Kelly works for his team). I don't know if it's realistic or not, but it is addressed in the text - this particular team doesn't have a policy against staff dating players. That was sufficient for me.

This is a second novel in a loosely connected series. The first, Love in the Afternoon, is about Kelly's sister and Matt's best friend. I didn't like it quite as much as The Winning Season, because there was a layered suspense plotline which I thought distracted from the love story, but it's worth reading first. Good back story for Kelly and Matt (they meet in the first book), and Kayla and Sean's love story is great as well. But it's not necessary to read both. This book very much stands on its own.

I'm guessing that Angie and JT will get a book, and that makes me smile. HUGE smile.