zoeyork

Zoe's Books

I could read before I could write. I read now, when I can't write, or when I'm stuck in a writing rut. I read early in the morning, and late at night. I read to feel, and escape from feelings, and explore feelings I've never had but I'm curious about. I read for adventure and romance and passion and the journey. I read to my kids. I try to read to my husband, but he's busy reading himself. And he laughs at all the naughty parts...I don't get it, they're my favourite passages!

The Reluctant Amazon
Sweetened With a Kiss
Lexxi Callahan
Over the Edge
Susan Lohrer
Return to You (A Laurel Heights Novel)
Kate Perry
Axel (Corps Security, #1)
Harper Sloan
A Crazy Homecoming (Crazy, Texas) (Volume 1)
Cate Baylor
One Good Earl Deserves a Lover - Sarah MacLean Never would I have expected to be quite so taken with a ginger haired hero. Of course, I do have a soft spot for the name Jasper, even more so now. And Pippa? Could she be any cuter? Not possible. This worked on every level for me. Cross's restraint for almost half a book. OMG. Even the epigraphs caught my attention, and I usually scan right over them.

I don't usually read historicals. I have a lot of trouble with the conventions of the time, but I've wanted to try Sarah MacLean's writing for a long time now, and DAMMIT, why did I wait? I have a Chapters giftcard burning a hole in my pocket. Not only am I going to tear my way through her backlist, but at least one will be a hardcopy book for my shelf.

As an aside: I've been making my way through suggestions I've found on Goodreads for my 2013 reading challenge, and I've never been happier with my reading subject matter. Perfect escapism.

ETA in May 2013: I saw in my news feed that Michelle started reading this, and it showed my 4 star rating next to the update - I've raved about this book to a lot of people over the last few months, so I'm bumping it to a 5/5.